Nevada introduced a life-saving program that alerts “first responders” at a car accident scene that an occupant of the vehicle has special medical issues. This information is critical in the “golden hour” following an accident. Emergency workers can now increase the chance of survival for a victim who may be incapacitated.
A yellow dot decal is placed on the rear window of the driver’s side of the car that alerts first responders to check the glove compartment, where a Yellow Dot Kit contains vital medical information about the driver and/or passengers. The Free Kit contains the following:
- Yellow Dot decal for rear window
- Recent photo of driver or occupant(s)
- Name & emergency contact information
- Allergies or medical conditions of the participant
- Name & contact information of the participant’s physician and preferred hospital, if any
- Information, if any, about the participant’s health insurance
These kits can be acquired at community centers across the Valley. We have made special arrangements with the State of Nevada to have these kits available at our office If you want a kit, please stop by and we will give you one.
More information can be found on the RTC’s website.